Workshops & Series
Yoga Tools for Happiness & Joy – 6 week workshop series
CEs: 12 for RYTs for full course
Teacher: Tanya Boigenzahn
Dates: 6 Mondays: July 10 – Aug 21 (no class Aug 7) + Aug 28 for make-up class
Level: Intermediate and up
Investment: $108 ($96 for Devanadi TTs/Seniors 60+) – Full series sign up no longer available as start date has passed. You may still drop in, however.
Make-Ups: If enrolled for the entire series, Tanya will send you the MP3 of the class if you are absent.
Please bring: A notebook and pen to take notes. Weekly assignments for personal growth and practice will be given out.
Drop Ins Welcome: See the DROP-IN YOGA CLASSES TAB to sign up
Recommended Reading: Happiness Is Your Creation by Swami Rama
“Let me tell you clearly that you will be the happiest person on the planet when you know who you are, where you have come from, your purpose for being here, and where you will go when you leave this world.” ~ Swami Rama
Spend this summer cultivating a HAPPY heart and mind along with a shining body and spirit. Use this workshop series to start down the path to happiness, and gain tools to free your mind from misery and bondage. Weekly email sent to full workshop registrants with MP3s of practice, study tools and more.
In this series we will study:
• How our mind stands in the way of our relationships with ourself and others
• Tools to help cultivate a quiet mind
• The role of Self-Effort and concentration
• Weekly mudra practice for cultivating joy and positivity
• Full Asana practice & Shat Kriyas (cleansing practices) to clear your perception
• Contemplations & Meditations on happiness and what stands in the way of your true joy
DIGITAL OPTION: Join us virtually if you can’t make all the morning practices or you live outside Minneapolis. Registrants will be sent a link to the weekly MP3s along with a comprehensive email with support to follow along on your own
Intro to Thai Yoga Bodywork Workshop
Based on the northern style of traditional Thai Massage (Nuad Boran), Thai Yoga Bodywork is a sacred and ancient healing treatment that integrates Yoga, Ayurveda, and Buddhist spiritual practice. Unique from other types of bodywork and massage, Thai Yoga Bodywork combines rhythmic massage, assisted Yoga poses, acupressure along energy meridians, healing energy work, and meditation. This is a great add-on for yoga teachers, massage therapists, bodyworkers, energy workers, or anyone wishing to learn more about this amazing style of healing with roots in Yoga and Ayurveda.
Participants will explore:
• Thai Yoga Bodywork history, benefits, and contraindications
• How to give a therapeutic sequence for feet, legs, hips, back, upper back, neck, and shoulders
• Basic relaxation techniques to perform at the end of a sequence.
Students will pair up with a partner to give and receive (yay!) as you learn the techniques. These workshops are also highly recommended for those planning on registering for the 36 hour Thai Yoga Bodywork Level I Intensive. No experience necessary. All levels welcome. Certificate of completion given at end of workshop for all attendants. Please register so that we know you are coming and can prepare it in advance. A manual is also prepared in advance for each student.
Monthly Restorative Workshops
Restore your mind, restore your body and restore your spirit!
Join certified Restorative Yoga teacher and trainer, Chanti Tacoronte-Perez, in a yummy, nourishing practice to help you recover lost energy. Restorative Yoga uses blankets, bolsters and blocks to completely support the body in restful postures which encourage the body to relax, open, renew and heal. As the body releases deeply, the mind grows quiet and reflective, bringing you into a more balanced state.
Treat yourself to a restorative afternoon and refresh your body, mind and soul. You’ll leave this workshop feeling renewed and rejuvenated!
Register now as space is limited to 16 people. No yoga experience necessary for this workshop and is open to people of all ages.
Props Lab for Yoga Teachers
Yoga props are often left in a corner of the room, unused and frowned upon if needed. In this workshop learn how to safely use props as a way to move more deeply, feel extra support and surrender in the postures. Props can also be used as a tool to create a more inclusive environment in your yoga classroom, teach self acceptance and explore poses in a new and creative way.
This course was created for those of you who:
• want to know more about using the basic props found in a yoga classroom
• know they have limitations and want to explore postures with props safely
• are looking to create a more inclusive yoga classroom
• have the desire to teach/ practice poses in a new and creative way
• want to find more surrender in your yoga practice
New Year’s Full Moon Retreat
Welcome in 2018 with Tanya & Chanti in this half-day retreat designed to set your heart’s desires into motion for the coming year. Let go of the patterns you DON’T want to repeat from 2017 and get Shakti-fied to manifest your 2018 intentions. All are welcome!
Retreat events include:
• New Year’s Full Moon Yoga Practice
• Full Moon Yoga Nidra Practice
• Sankalpa Workshop for 2018 – set your intention for the year!
• Manifestation Collage Creation
• Fire Ceremony for Actualization