Training Program Details
Thai Yoga Bodywork, also known as nuad boran, is an ancient healing art that can be learned and practiced by anyone with an open heart and a desire to help others. Come take a weekend Intro Workshop to get the basics, or earn your RTT (Registered Thai Therapist) status with this comprehensive training program that you can use on your clients, friends or family. There is no pre-requisite, just an eagerness to be of service for the benefit of others. This program is specifically designed for: bodyworkers, massage therapists, yoga teachers, or anyone wanting to learn Thai Yoga Bodywork.
This program is designed to gain your RTT (Registered Thai Therapist) status with THAI & NCBTMB.
Become a Practitioner!
NOTE: Our program INCLUDES Practice Session & Practitioner Development hours to give students a 300 hour program certification. The CONTACT HOURS are 180 which are valid to go towards your Registered Thai Therapist credential (RTT). ~ Namaste
1) 180 Training/Contact Hour Requirements
Tier 2: Intermediate Trainings- may be taken in any order after completing Tier 1
• Level 3: Thai Ayurveda & Sen Lines – 36 hours
• Level 4: Chakras, Koshas & Sequencing for the Energy Body – 36 hours
• Level 5: Special Populations Including Pre/Postnatal – 36 hours
= 180 Contact/Training Hours
Upon completing Levels 1-5 (or Tiers 1 & 2) you will have 12 months to finish your Practitioner Development Requirements and Practice Sessions in order to graduate from this program. Please note that all of these requirements are discussed in detail during training.
As with the THAI Alliance, we recommend that you practice for at least 1 year before submitting for certification, as well as complete your training in a maximum of 4 years.
You may supplement your training and add hours with other related and approved workshops such as:
• Intro to Thai Yoga Bodywork (2, 3 or 8 hour options)
• Thai Yoga Bodywork for Couples (2 hours)
• Thai Yoga Bodywork Adjustment Clinic for Yoga Teachers (3 or 4 hour options)
2) Practice Sessions Requirements
50 sessions needed for Practitioner Status (RTT) w/THAI (must be a minimum of 1.5 hours each)
- 50 Practice Sessions (75 hours): A minimum of ten (10) Practice Session Forms per training either done on your own OR during optional scheduled Practice Sessions open to the public (facilitated by a certified Thai Yoga Bodywork therapist). You will need to complete 20 1.5-hour sessions and 30 two-hour sessions. Practice session instructions will be given in each Level of training.
- Client Review Form: Click here for form. One (1) session with a client or other TYB practitioner who agrees to submit a Client Review Form. This should be used as a Practice Session and may be included in your 50 required sessions.
- Test Out Session: One (1) practice session or test-out with Tanya or TYB graduate. Complete this requirement as you near graduation. The test out may be used as a Practice Session and may be included in your 50 required sessions.
= 90 Practice Hours (minimum – most are non-contact hours, but some may be part of our
3) Practitioner Development Requirements
- 6 hours of Karma Thai Yoga: Click here for form. Suggestions include offering Thai Yoga to communities in need, assisting in workshops, etc. More info provided during your first Level 1 training.
- 8 hours of Continuing Education Workshops AND/OR Reading: seek topics related to Thai Massage (i.e. Ayurveda, anatomy, yoga, energy medicine, TCM, etc.) OR a trip to Thailand to study Thai massage. Must provide transcript, copy of certificate of completion or equivalent
- Paper, Case Study OR Book Reports (15 hours): – choose from one of the following:
- write a 5-7 page paper a topic of your choice from one of the following categories: Energetics of Thai Massage, Thai Herbal Therapy, Ayurveda, Spiritual Practices of Traditional Thai Medicine
- write a case study from 4 or more sessions with a client
- write up three 200 word book reports on the 3 most compelling things you read about on any books related to Thai massage, subtle anatomy (chakras, etc), Thai Herbal Therapy, Ayurveda, Spiritual Practices of Traditional Thai Medicine.
= 30 Practitioner Development Hours
TOTAL: 300 Hours to complete our Practitioner Certification Program
Tier 3: Advanced Trainings – may be taken in any order after completing all of Tier 2.
These workshops are a curriculum for continued study and/or to earn hours and training towards Advanced Practitioner status (350 CONTACT hours) with THAI.
Level 6: Advanced Training: Sensing, Energy Blocks and Intuitive Work – 36 hours
Certificate & Program Completion Details:
After your initial Level 1 training, you will be eligible to apply for Basic Membership with THAI which will allow you to be listed in the members’ area of the THAI web site, and have complete access to the THAI archives for networking and research.
NEW: Upon completing Levels 1-5 (or Tiers 1 & 2) you will have 12 months to finish your Practitioner Development Requirements and Practice Sessions in order to graduate from this program. Please note that all of these requirements are discussed in detail during training.
Once you complete ALL the above trainings and requirements, you will automatically earn your Certification of Completion in the Thai Yoga Bodywork 300 Hour Practitioner Training & Certificate Program with Tanya Sowards.
300 Hour Program Completion Benefits Include:
- Receiving your Certification of the entire program for your credentials
- Being listed on thaiyogabodywork.com Graduates Page
- Discounts (when applicable) on further Thai Yoga Bodywork trainings with Tanya
- Elite status and advanced notice on trips to study abroad in Thailand
- CEs for each course through NCBTMB for Licensed Massage Therapists & Bodyworkers
- CEs for each course through Yoga Alliance for Registered Yoga Therapists (RYTs)
- Eligibility for Practitioner Level Insurance Coverage & Membership through ABMP
- Eligibility to apply for Practitioner Level Membership with THAI to earn your RTT once you reach 200 contact hours between at least two teachers and have been studying for at least 1.5 years*
*After completing all requirements above plus an additional 20 or more hours with at least 1 other teacher, you can apply for Practitioner Level Membership (RTT) status with THAI. Your study must be completed within a maximum period of four years, and a minimum of one and a half years must transpire from the date of your first study of nuad boran. You must submit with your application written documentation of 50 1.5 hour practice sessions. When you become a Practitioner level member, you may use the title of Registered Thai Therapist (RTT) after your name.
Accreditations & CE’s
View information about the different accreditations and certificates you can achieve through our training programs.Read More
Private Group Training
Offered for those who are unable to make the dates that I offer or would prefer the guidance of working with a teacher.Read More
View Thai Yoga Bodywork graduates who have earned their certification through our program.Read More