FREE AWCP INFO SESSION
Want to learn more about our Ayurveda Programs?
Contact us to get links to our recorded info session from April 12, 2018! This is an excellent way to meet the director, hear questions from the students, see what's coming in future programs, hear about the faculty, and more!
Use the form below to CONTACT US and we'll send you the MP3 and VIDEO links.
AWC 10: Ayurvedic Herbology
When: Fri-Sun, Dec 21-23, 2018
Time: 9-6pm daily, lunch 12-1:30pm, and scheduled breaks
Teacher: KP Khalsa
AWCP Status: REQUIRED for AWCP Level 1 grads
– Payment in Full: $400
– Payment Plan: $100 non-refundable deposit holds your spot, then pay off balance in installments. Balance due 2 weeks from start date.
Please read our Cancellation Policy below before enrolling
For: Open to the public AND AWCP Level 1 grads who are seeking AHC accreditation with NAMA in the future.
This course introduces the principles, qualities, actions and therapeutic profiles of Ayurvedic herbs. The focus is on herbal properties, preparations, Ayurvedic energetics, phytochemistry and clinical indications for herbs in treating major energy imbalances. We will develop the skill and competency to safely recommend herbal medicines and other natural substances for internal or external use with consideration of the dose and timing for the purpose of balancing agni and eliminating ama while supporting the malas, building ojas and treating disease. Extensive electronic class materials provided. Approximately 60 herbs covered.
- Knowledge of individual herbal Ayurvedic energetics, qualities and actions
- Strategies for using herbs to manage dosha imbalances and treat disease
- Understanding of common herb formulas and their practical use
- Demonstrate introductory clinical familiarity with Ayurvedic herbalism
- Discuss Ayurvedic energetic anatomy in a clinical setting as it pertains to herbalism
- List the energetics, classification and significance of at least 25 medicinal herbs and their Ayurvedic properties
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of Ayurvedic nomenclature and anatomical correspondences relevant to herbalism
- The Way of Ayurvedic Herbs, Khalsa and Tierra
- Ayurvedic Healing, Frawley (optional)
- Ayurvedic Medicine, Pole (optional)
Full AWCP Program Details: SEVANTI Institute website details
About the Teacher
KP Khalsa, Yogaraj, A.D., D.N.-C., R.H.
Karta Purkh Singh Khalsa, Yogaraj, A.D., D.N.-C., R.H., is one of the foremost natural healing experts in the field today. He is one of a very few clinicians with over 47 years of experience with complementary medicine. Khalsa is President Emeritus and Global Ambassador of the American Herbalists Guild, and director emeritus of the National Ayurvedic Medicine Association. Author or editor of 30 books, Khalsa teaches herbalism at three medical schools and is the first American to be board certified in herbalism and Ayurveda.
Khalsa is an Ayurvedic Doctor, state certified dietitian and author of over 3,000 published health articles. Khalsa’s approach to complementary medicine is very eclectic. He was personally trained by Yogi Bhajan for 32 years, supporting his main focus in Ayurvedic medicine. He also teaches about Chinese and North American natural medicine.
He was the principal medical formulator for Yogi Tea, a medicinal tea company, and is the curriculum director and principal instructor for several Professional Herbalist, Nutritional Therapy and Ayurveda training programs. He lives in the Northwest with his family.
Referral Discount: AWCP Level 1 grads are welcome to refer a non-AWCP student to take this course and receive a 15% discount on their own tuition. Unlimited!
TA Discount: Save 25-50% off the training by signing up early, helping us promote the event, teaching daily yoga classes (need 2 years teaching experience) and assisting us during the training.
No refunds. For AWCP Level 2 trainings, a $100 non-refundable deposit reserves your space. Payment In Full is required 2 weeks before the start date. If you cancel more than 14 days prior to the beginning of the training, any payment, less the $100 deposit, will be credited to your account. If you cancel less than 14 days prior to the beginning of the training, you forfeit any payments made.