FREE INFO SESSIONS
Want to learn more about our Training Programs? Come to an Info Session! This is an excellent way to meet the director, sample our style and learn more!
Please visit our Trainings Info Sessions page for details.
Restorative Yoga Training: Level 1
The Art of Resting
With Chanti Tacoronte Perez
Dates: Fri – Sun, March 9-11, 2018
Times: 9am-5pm daily (lunch 12:00 – 1:30pm daily)
Investment (Regular Students): $365 ($395 after Feb 9);
Investment (Devanadi TTs/Grads): $325 ($350 after Feb 9)
Please read our Cancellation Policy below before registering.
Learn the art of observation and support through the practices of restorative yoga. This training will give you the skills necessary to incorporate restorative yoga into your practice and/or classes. Restorative yoga offers the assistance of props to hold the body; when the body is held it learns to release and rest, making room for healing. This training is for teachers and dedicated students alike.
Focus of Training:
- What is restorative yoga: the restorative environment and the restorative yoga gems.
- Sympathetic & Parasympathetic: creating the space and mind set for parasympathetic unfoldment.
- Breath awareness: how to breathe in restorative postures, and how you can use the breath, to appease apprehensive or anxious students.
- Guided Relaxation Techniques: learn specific tools to support an active mind, and those students that are not used to being still, or new to restorative yoga.
- Observations in different bodies: learning to look at the student first, adaptation of various postures.
- Trusting your Self: sensation of your own body, to make or not make adjustments.
- Postural adaptations for pregnancy: learning poses that you add to any of your regular yoga classes to support expecting mothers.
- Private students- How to work individually with a student, taking a basic “student history“ (physical, medical and emotional) and using it to decide which postures will be more effective.
- Your own Restorative practice: knowledge is best from the source. Learn to create a personal restorative practice, to be a better teacher, and to retain ojas!
- Savasana: The importance of full relaxation in each yoga class.
Prop Wish List:
Please bring the props you have at home, or purchase in advance. Ideally you would bring
4-6 blankets (Mexican blankets or the link), 1 bolster, 2 blocks, 1 strap, 1 eye pillow, 1 mat and optional restorative head wrap available at: https://iynaus.org/store/props/pune-headwrap
If you plan on teaching and doing restorative yoga as a continued practice these are the minimum props needed. Devanadi has some props available for use during our training, however, we would like you to bring some of your own as well.
Required reading: Relax and Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times By Judith Lasater
Cancellation Policy: No refunds. This training requires 2 weeks notice of cancellation by phone or email. You will receive an account credit, less a cancellation fee of $100, within 2 weeks. If cancel with less than 2 weeks notice of this training, your payment is forfeited, and no studio credit will be given. No shows receive no credit.