Chair Yoga is a way to ‘Sit Your Way to Better Health’.
Did you know that the senior population is the fastest growing age group in the US? One baby boomer turns 50 every eight seconds!
Chair yoga’s therapeutic adaptive exercises work your body from head to toe. The simple and easy movements are great for people in any condition, to do anytime and anywhere. Chair Yoga promotes well being through breathing correctly and stretching in ways that will open up your body on the path to peace.
“Chair Yoga poses can help seniors and people with chronic pain improve their quality of life, lower their blood pressure, improve their sleep patterns and manage depression.”
– Mayo Clinic
What You Will Learn
- a wide variety of postures (over 55 of them)
- a multitude of sequences and class theme options
- plus a wide variety of breathing exercises to use when you teach a chair yoga classes
Chair Yoga Manual by Jessica Rosenberg
Purchase either by:
- Paying online when you sign up at the link above (pick up the day of training)
- Purchase it directly from Jessica and possibly arrange to pick it up sooner – email Jessica here
None. Yoga teachers encouraged to apply, but all ages, levels and students are encouraged to come!
Please bring your yoga mat and any props you have. We DO have some props available, but they are limited. Chairs are available, so no need to bring a chair. Please also bring a notebook and pen.
No refunds. This training requires 2 week notice of cancellation by phone or email. You will receive a studio credit, less $30 cancellation fee ($70 if you purchased the manual or you can arrange with the teacher to pick this up). If cancel within 2 weeks of a workshop/training, your payment is forfeited, and no studio credit will be given. No shows will receive no credit.