Devanadi warmly welcomes Gary kraftsow, the Founder and Director of the American Viniyoga Institute for a meditation workshop series in 2021.
Gary Kraftsow has been a pioneer in the transmission of yoga for health, healing and personal transformation for over 40 years. He began his study of yoga in India with T.K.V. Desikachar in 1974 and received a Viniyoga Special Diploma from Viniyoga International in Paris, France in 1988. See Gary’s full bio HERE.
December 2, 9 & 16, 2021 – Meditation Unlocked: Understanding & Practice
All details below!
meditation unlocked: understanding & practice
THIS IS A VIRTUAL WORKSHOP. Live-stream details will be sent out the day of the workshop.
WHEN: 3 Thursdays, Dec 2-16, 2021
Session 1: December 2 – Understanding the Stages of Meditation
Session 2: December 9 – Understanding the Art of Meditation
Session 3: December 16 – Understanding the Goal of Meditation Samādhi
TIME: 5:30-8:30pm daily (US Central)
COST INFO: $200 (All 3 Sessions) or $75 (Single Session)
* Individual sessions must be registered for separately. Students that select ALL 3 SESSIONS pricing option at checkout will be registered for remaining 2 sessions by Devanadi admin.
Replay: Access to recordings will be provided by Gary’s team and will remain open for registered participants until December 30, 2021.
Workshop Overview & Details
Meditation Unlocked: Understanding and Practice – series description
Meditation is an ancient practice, found in all world religious traditions, linking the hearts and minds of practitioners to sources of guidance, inspiration, and/or the Divine. Dysfunctional patterns at the level of thought, feeling, and behavior create attachment, identification, conflict, and distraction, and are obstacles to finding the peace of that deep connection. The Ancient Yogis recognized that the root of these dysfunctional patterns is the conditioned mind. They developed the science of meditation to understand, transform, and ultimately master the mind. Mastering the mind, according to the Ancients, is the path to Self- or God-realization, fulfillment, and ultimate liberation.
Scientific and medical research is now demonstrating the incredible health benefits of meditation for the brain and physiology. When undertaken with sincerity and intention, a Yoga meditation practice can help us transform our dysfunctional patterns so that we may:
- Understand the mind-body connection and gain the ability to influence and regulate autonomic functions.
- Recognize and transform deep-rooted patterns that underlie and drive our desires, feelings, thoughts, and behavior.
- Find happiness and a sense of meaning and purpose in life.
- Tap into and actualize our higher potentials.
In this course, we will explore the ancient art and science of Meditation, understand its practical relevance for our own lives, and learn the fundamental methods of practice. We will follow Patañjali’s model for inner practice (Antaraṅga Sādhana), presenting meditation in its component parts, we will give examples from different traditions for each of these stages:
- Dhāraṇā – focus, one-pointed attention
- Dhyānam – inquire, reflect, understand, realize
- Samādhi – connection, absorption, communion
The full course will include three 3-hour sessions: each session will include a presentation, time for discussion and Q&A, and a full practice.
Who is This Immersion For?:
Yoga teachers, yoga therapists, AND dedicated students. Come with an open mind and be prepared to start and/or see your meditation practice in a completely different way!
Cancellation & Registration Policy:
No refunds. Registration is non-refundable and non-transferable. Cancellations received 14 days prior to the start of the session will receive studio credit less $30 cancellation fee per session, or $90 if you sign up for all 3 sessions. Cancellations received within 14 days of the session start date will receive no credit.
Policies for ALL Students:
• Cancellation must be received by Devanadi by phone or email
• “No shows” will receive no credit and forfeit full payment
• Fees, once paid, can neither be refunded nor transferred
• No verbal commitments will hold your spot.