Learn the art of observation and support through the practices of Restorative Yoga.
Restorative yoga offers the assistance of props to hold the body. When the body is held it learns to release and rest, making room for healing. This training will give you the skills necessary to incorporate restorative yoga into your practice and/or classes.
This training is for teachers and dedicated students alike.
*VIRTUAL* Restorative Yoga Training: The Art of Resting at Home
April 28-29, 2020
This training now will run *VIRTUALLY* using ZOOM.
Dates: Tues-Wed, April 28-29, 2020
Times: 9am-4pm daily with 1 hour lunch break
CEs: 12 with Yoga Alliance
Cost (Regular Students): $215 ($240 after April 3)
Cost (Devanadi TTs/Grads): $185 ($210 after April 3)
*Students wanting to do the Teacher Training portion of this training can join in on future Level 1 Restorative in-person trainings.
Part one: At HomeThis virtual training will jumpstart your personal restorative practice. Learn the art of self-care through restorative yoga. This training is essential for anyone wanting to learn to support themselves in reclining poses like savasana, find rest, clarity, create a self-care healing ritual. This teacher training will give you the skills necessary to incorporate restorative yoga into your personal practice.Restorative yoga offers the assistance of props to hold the body; when the body is held it learns to release and rest, making room for healing. This training is for yoga teachers, healthcare professionals, and dedicated students alike.
- What is restorative yoga: The restorative environment and the creative use of props to construct your restorative nest.
- Nervous System: knowing the difference between sympathetic and parasympathetic and the tools to shift into restfulness.
- Breath awareness: how to breathe in restorative postures, and how you can use the breath, to appease apprehensive or anxious students.
- Guided Relaxation Techniques: learn specific tools to support an active mind, for those not used to being still, or new to restorative yoga.
- Poses: reclining and balancing postures
- Savasana: The importance of full relaxation in each yoga class.
- Your own Restorative practice: knowledge is best from the source. Learn to create a personal restorative practice, feel balance in the body, calm breath, and tranquil mind.
Restorative Yoga Level 1: The Art of Resting
Dates Coming Soon!
Times: 9am-4pm daily
CEs: 24 with Yoga Alliance
Cost (Regular Students): $430 ($480 after TBA
Cost (Devanadi TTs/Grads): $370 ($420 after TBA)
Relax and Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times, by Judith Lasater
Focus of Training
- What is restorative yoga:
The restorative environment and the restorative yoga gems.
- Sympathetic & Parasympathetic:
Creating the space and mind set for parasympathetic unfoldment.
- Breath awareness:
How to breathe in restorative postures, and how you can use the breath, to appease apprehensive or anxious students.
- Guided Relaxation Techniques:
Learn specific tools to support an active mind, and those students that are not used to being still, or new to restorative yoga.
- Observations in different bodies:
Learning to look at the student first, adaptation of various postures.
- Trusting your Self:
Sensation of your own body, to make or not make adjustments.
- Postural adaptations for pregnancy:
Learning poses that you add to any of your regular yoga classes to support expecting mothers.
- Private students:
How to work individually with a student, taking a basic “student history“ (physical, medical and emotional) and using it to decide which postures will be more effective.
- Your own Restorative practice:
Knowledge is best from the source. Learn to create a personal restorative practice, to be a better teacher, and to retain ojas!
The importance of full relaxation in each yoga class.
- What is restorative yoga:
Restorative Yoga Level 2: The Wisdom of Nurturance
Dates Coming Soon!
Dates: NEW DATES COMING SOON!
“What if consciousness isn’t contained in the body, as the Western model claims, but the body is contained in consciousness?” – Mimi Guarneri
In this advanced Restorative teacher training we will focus on the body as the temple for healing and the art of relaxation in more complex postures. Students will learn new restorative postures, as well as deepen their skills to support clients, in the group class model as well as individually. Participants are required to complete a project to receive a certificate for this course.
Restorative yoga offers the assistance of props to hold the body; when the body is held it learns to release and rest, making room for healing. This training is designed for teachers and practitioners currently practicing and teaching restorative yoga.
The Heart Speaks: A Cardiologist Reveals the Secret Language of Healing, by Mimi Guarneri M.D. FACC
Restorative Level 1 with Chanti Tacoronte-Perez
Focus of Training
- The body as a temple for healing
- Advanced us of props
- Ayurveda & the Doshas as it relates to the physical postures
- Guided relaxation techniques—Mantra Purusha
- Observations of different bodies in restorative poses
- Trusting your intuition
- Complex use of props
- Using sand bags and eye-wraps
- Inversions, deep back bends & forward bends
- The importance of your own Restorative practice
- Active listening and working with students individually
Prop Wish List
Please bring the props you have at home, or purchase in advance. Ideally you would bring 4-6 blankets (Mexican blankets or the link), 1 bolster, 2 blocks, 1 strap, 1 eye pillow, 1 mat (Chanti likes: www.sunshineyoga.com) and optional restorative head wrap available at: https://iynaus.org/store/props/pune-headwrap
If you plan on teaching and doing restorative yoga as a continued practice these are the minimum props needed. Devanadi has some props available for use during our training, however, we would like you to bring some of your own as well.
No refunds. These trainings require 2 weeks notice of cancellation by phone or email. You will receive an account credit, less a cancellation fee of $100 ($50 for the *Virtual* Home Course), within 2 weeks. If cancel with less than 2 weeks notice of this training, your payment is forfeited, and no studio credit will be given. No shows receive no credit.