The Energetics of Sequencing – A ParaYoga® Master Training
Vinyasa Krama means “wise progression.” It refers to the ancient and time tested principles of sequencing which are the foundation for the high art of truly skilled, compelling and powerful teaching–the essential piece that separates great yoga teachers from the rest.
In this training with senior ParaYoga® Level III teacher Tanya Boigenzahn, you’ll learn how the intersection of yoga, ayurveda and Tantra is the basis for knowing how to sequence a practice(s) in order to achieve any one of an array of desired outcomes. Explore the principles for radical efficiency and effectiveness in your teaching, how to address specific physical/mental needs of your students, how to use asana holistically, maximizing the bio-mechanics of your classes as well as how to maximize the benefits of every class you teach and/or your personal practice.
In the Vinyasa Krama training, you will learn various methodologies to create a complete practice that embodies a theme and creates an intentional result.
- The physical/bio-mechanic considerations of safe and affective sequencing
- The energetic effect of all major asanas
- Orchestrating the arc of a class at the levels of mind, body, and energy
- Heightening the accessibility to more challenging poses
- The asanas and pranayama practices that support particular meditation techniques
- Practice and the gunas (the three attributes of the natural world)
- Sequencing for your ayurvedic type
- Practice and its affect on the Three Essences
- Designing a practice to suit your life and aspirations
- The art of efficiency and effectiveness
- An entirely rewritten and redesigned 150-plus page manual for Vinyasa Krama that follows the newly formatted and organized lectures point by point
The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar (pp IX-140)
It is recommended that you read it before the workshop begins. For those of you interested in receiving course credit for your Level I or II Certification with ParaYoga® and/or the Yoga Alliance RYT program, the reading and its corresponding book report is mandatory.
Certificate of Completion & Earning Parayoga® Credit
This training counts towards the ParaYoga Master Training program. In order to receive future credit toward RYT and/or ParaYoga® certification, you will need to submit your book report to Devanadi’s office and complete the online quiz (score 80% or higher with up to 3 retakes) within 6 weeks of completion of the course. You will not receive credit for submissions after the deadline; there are no make-up assignments. Upon completion, you will be emailed a PDF of your ParaYoga® endorsed Certificate of Completion from Devanadi’s office and may apply for Yoga Alliance CE credit at that time.
Registration & Cancellation Policies:
- Cancellation Policy: No refunds. This training requires 2 week notice of cancellation by phone or email. You will receive a studio credit, less $100 cancellation fee per registration. If cancel within 2 weeks of a training, your payment is forfeited, and no studio credit will be given. No shows will receive no credit.
- Early Bird Payment Details: Pay in full by the early bird date to receive the early bird pricing or your registration will be updated to reflect the regular pricing.