The Energetics of Sequencing – A ParaYoga® Master Training
Vinyasa Krama means “wise progression.” It refers to the ancient and time tested principles of sequencing which are the foundation for the high art of truly skilled, compelling and powerful teaching–the essential piece that separates great yoga teachers from the rest.
Next training: Mondays, November 2-30, 2020 – Live or ZOOM option
CEs: 40 with Yoga Alliance for RYTs + IAYT for Certified Yoga Therapists, and is fully endorsed by ParaYoga for Level 1 certification
About Vinyasa Krama
Vinyasa Krama means “wise progression.” It refers to the ancient and time tested principles of sequencing which are the foundation for the high art of truly skilled, compelling and powerful teaching.
Learn various methodologies to design a complete practice that embodies a theme using principles from the three rivers of Yoga, Tantra and Ayurveda that creates an intentional and therapeutic result. This training counts towards official ParaYoga® Level 1 Certification!
Tanya, senior ParaYoga® Level III teacher, an Ayurvedic Yoga Therapist, Energy Healer, and Thai Yoga Bodywork Teacher/Therapist, brings not only her feminine and intuitive energy to this training, but also infuses the work with tips, tools, and holistic recommendations for you and your students.
Explore the principles for radical efficiency and effectiveness in your teaching, how to address specific physical/mental needs of your students, how to use asana holistically, maximizing the bio-mechanics of your classes as well as how to maximize the benefits of every class you teach and/or your personal practice.
- The physical/bio-mechanic considerations of safe and affective sequencing
- The energetic effect of all major asanas
- Orchestrating the arc of a class at the levels of mind, body, and energy
- Heightening the accessibility to more challenging poses
- The asanas and pranayama practices that support particular meditation techniques
- Practice and the gunas (the three attributes of the natural world)
- Sequencing for your ayurvedic type
- Practice and its affect on the Three Essences
- Designing a practice to suit your life and aspirations
- The art of efficiency and effectiveness
This is a stand alone training, as well is part of the ParaYoga® Level 1 certification program.
- An entirely rewritten and redesigned 150+ page manual PDF for Vinyasa Krama that follows the newly formatted and organized lectures point by point
- Replay: Video recordings of this intensive are included in the course cost and will be accessible (not downloadable) for 6 weeks after the course ends. Audio recordings are available for purchase from Devanadi post training.
- CEs: 40 with Yoga Alliance for RYTs, IAYT for Certified Yoga Therapists, and this training also fully counts toward the ParaYoga® Master Training (PYMT) Level 1 certification program. Certificate of Completion emailed if you complete the additional requirements of a book quiz and online course quiz 6 weeks upon completion.
The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar (pp IX-140)
It is recommended that you read it before the workshop begins. For those of you interested in receiving course credit for your Level I or II Certification with ParaYoga® and/or CEs with YA or IAYT, the reading and its corresponding book report is mandatory.
Certificate of Completion & Earning Parayoga® Credit
This training counts towards the ParaYoga Master Training program. In order to receive future credit toward RYT and/or ParaYoga® certification, you will need to complete your online book quiz to and the course quiz (score 80% or higher with up to 3 retakes) within 6 weeks of completion of the course. You will not receive credit for submissions after the deadline; there are no make-up assignments. Upon completion, you will be emailed a PDF of your ParaYoga® endorsed Certificate of Completion from Devanadi’s office and may apply for CEs credit at that time.
Registration & Cancellation Policies:
- Cancellation Policy: No refunds. This training requires 2 week notice of cancellation by phone or email. You will receive a studio credit, less $100 cancellation fee per registration. If cancel within 2 weeks of a training, payment is forfeited, and no studio credit will be given. No shows will receive no credit.
- Early Bird Payment Details: Pay in full by the early bird date to receive the early bird pricing or your registration will be updated to reflect the regular pricing.
- Payment Plan Notes: YOU MUST SIGN UP ON A COMPUTER (not a phone/device) to enroll due to MindBody Online payment options. Sign up before Early Bird Date to use the Payment Plan, otherwise all payments must be in full.