FREE INFO SESSIONS
Want to learn more about our Training Programs? Come to an Info Session! This is an excellent way to meet the faculty, sample our style and learn more!
Please visit our Trainings Info Sessions page for details.
235hr (RYT 200) Yoga Teacher Training & Intensives
Yoga Alliance approved program at the 200 hour level (RYS 200)
Prerequisite: 6 months of being a yoga student at any yoga studio or program
Upcoming Programs in Minneapolis, MN:
- Summer MONTH LONG Intensive – July 9-Aug 3, 2018 – 5 spots left!
- Fall 8 Month WEEKEND – Sept 2018-April 2019
- Fall 8 Month TUESDAY– Sept 2018-April 2019
- NEW! Fall 8 Month WEEKEND – FARGO, ND – Sept 2018-April 2019
Click the links above to see schedule, costs, topics, etc. for each training.
The 235 hour Devanadi Yoga Training & Intensive seeks to provide top quality instruction of traditional Hatha & Classical Yoga, Ayurveda, Tantra, Yoga Therapy, and Energy Medicine, and to create an abundant community that supports personal growth, health and well-being through universal mind-body-spirit practices. This training and intensive teaches a synthesis of yoga styles with an emphasis on asana, bandha, mudra, pranayama, and meditation, as well as a rich study of yoga philosophy, history and lineage. The director and guest teachers have studied in the traditions of ParaYoga, Tantra, Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow, Iyengar, Ayurveda, and energy medicine, as well as a variety of meditation styles.
Some of Devanadi’s 235hr Topics:
• Learning a core curriculum of asana practice, technique, and sequencing to create a vast variety of classes based on the style of teaching appropriate to you and your students including: ParaYoga, Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Ashtanga, Restorative, Yoga Nidra, AcroYoga, Pranayama, Meditation and more
• Vinyasa Krama – sequencing based on Hatha yoga principles, intention and directing prana in a specific way to create balance and well being
• The study of Ayurveda – doshas, vayus, gunas and more
• The study of the bandhas, mudras and kriyas
• The study of Energy Medicine including energetic anatomy, chakras, nadis, koshas, biofield as well as basic healing techniques
• Basic Sanskrit, alphabet, yoga pose naming, and pronounciation
• The study of the use of Thai Yoga Bodywork in adjustments for yoga postures, as well as therapeutic healing and acupressure
• Learning a variety of pranayama and meditation techniques to use in practice and in teaching, as well as Yoga Nidra practices
• Mantra, chanting, invocation and japa practice
• Classical vs. Tantric (Hatha) Yoga philosophy
• Community service (SEVA) and karma yoga
• The study of anatomy as it applies to yoga
• Holistic Nutrition on the path of yoga, how to eat and/or cleanse as a yogi
• Teaching methodology and philosophy
• Yoga ethics and the business of yoga
• Traditional texts such as the Yoga Sutra are also featured in our training as well as several others
Testimonials from Recent Grads:
“I used to be very dependent on a video to know what to do, after training I am now able to practice straight from memory without any resource at all. This has been such a wonderful transformation for my practice! I feel very empowered to take the lead in my daily asana practice.”
“I feel grateful for this experience through Devanadi and feel equipped to practice meditation myself as well as share with others throughout my life and my future teachings.”
“Words cannot begin to bring justice to the inner workings that are behind this certificate. Yoga has brought so much clarity and guidance to my life, all supported and enforced by my sangha (community) of teachers, fellow classmates, friends and family. My life has changed, dramatically, and I’m overwhelmed with gratitude and love. The most beautiful part, perhaps, is that this journey has just began and can never truly be finished.”
Please watch the video to learn more about Devanadi and our programs, director, students and more
The program is a registered school with Yoga Alliance. Upon completion of the program students will receive a Certificate of Completion and can apply for registration with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher at the 200-hour level (RYT 200).
Devanadi Yoga’s 340 Advanced Yoga Teacher Training & Intensive to complete their RYT 500 hour credentials.
For all details and answers to many questions: Fill out the form below to receive our Application and Student Handbook/Catalog. Please include which location(s) you are interested in as we have different Catalogs for the different locations.
Disclosure Statement: MN STATUTE 141.28: Sub. 1.
Thai Yoga Bodywork dba Devanadi Yoga is licensed as a private career school with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, sections 136A.821 to 136A.832. Licensure is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
Tanya Boigenzahn is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (ERYT) with Yoga Alliance, which acknowledges the completion of a yoga teacher training with an approved and active Registered Yoga School (RYS). Tanya started practicing yoga since the early 90s and has been teaching since 1996. She has meditated since age 15, and has a daily practice. Tanya devotes her life to sharing the gifts of yoga, wellness and well-being with clarity, ease, and joy while keeping in mind the constant evolution of the soul.
Lauren is a Senior ParaYoga Teacher (Level Two). ParaYoga is one of the most in depth and transformational schools of Yoga in the country, blending elements of Tantra, Classical Yoga and Ayurveda to create a powerful tool for living to one's fullest potential.
Sarah Longacre, owner of Blooma prenatal & postnatal yoga and wellness studio, is a birth doula and yoga teacher who has nurtured, comforted, inspired and educated thousands of women on their pregnancy and mothering journeys.
Lucy L. Pirner, MS has been counseling teenagers and adults since 1991. She entered the world of yoga and meditation in 1999 in search of a cure for her own depression and anxiety. Smitten by the power of the cure, Lucy sought out her teaching certificate in Atma Yoga (a Kripalu-based method that focuses on returning to the purest state of the soul~ The Atman) and began teaching in 2001.
Chanti’s passion is to inspire students to rediscover their creative self through personal inquiry, effortlessness, ritual, sangha and sadhana.
Indu Arora is a highly accomplished international speaker, acclaimed Yoga Therapist, Master Teacher, Healer and Author, with more than 30,000 hours of experience. She has been recently awarded with two titles “Kiran” Achievement (Ray of Light) and “Hind Rattan”, (Gem of India) by the National Women Excellence Awards and International Congress of NRI’s respectively.