FREE INFO SESSIONS
Want to learn more about our Teacher Training Programs? Come to an Info Session! This is an excellent way to meet the faculty, sample our style and learn more!
Click the date below to RSVP.
Sunday, May 6 | 7:30pm
FREE CLASS at 6:00pm beforehand!
Wed, May 16 | 12pm
Wed, June 13 | 12pm
Wed, July 11 | 12pm
Can't make these dates? Please contact us directly to schedule a phone or in-person meeting. Namaste!
340hr (RYT 500) Yoga Teacher Training & Intensives
Earn 5+ Certificates in 1 Program!
Yoga Alliance approved program at the 300 hour level (RYS 300)
Prerequisite: Must have 200 hour program certificate, or equivalent, from either Devanadi Yoga OR another approved program.
Upcoming Programs in Minneapolis:
- FALL WEDNESDAY Program: Oct 2018-Sept 2019
- WINTER WEEKEND Program: – Jan-Dec 2019 – Registration opens July 1, 2018.
- WEEKEND Program – FARGO, ND – TBA
Click the links above to see schedule, costs, topics, etc. for each training.
Advanced Training on yoga therapy, ayurveda, tantra, meditation, bhakti, anatomy, one-on-one work, some of the most relevant and renowned guest teachers and more!
The 340hr Devanadi Yoga Training & Intensive aims to provide top quality instruction of traditional Hatha & Classical Yoga, Ayurveda, Tantra, Yoga Therapy, and Energy Medicine, and to create an abundant community that supports personal growth, health and well-being through universal mind-body-spirit practices. This training and intensive teaches a synthesis of yoga styles with an emphasis on asana, bandha, mudra, pranayama, and meditation, as well as a rich study of yoga philosophy, history and lineage. The director and guest teachers have studied in the traditions of ParaYoga, Tantra, Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow, Iyengar, Ayurveda, and energy medicine, as well as a variety of meditation styles. This program preps you for the requirements needed for students to register with Yoga Alliance as a 340 hour Yoga Alliance registered instructor. Note that our 340 hour program is over technically 300+ hours of study spread out over many months. This combined with your previous 200 hour training gives you the hours you need to complete your Yoga Alliance application for a 340 hour teacher. Let us know if you have questions as to how this works. It can be confusing, but we have it all figured out for you.
Earn 6+ Certificates in 1 Program!
Devanadi’s 340hr Program has the following certificate programs INCLUDED in the tuition cost.
- Vinyasa Krama*: a ParaYoga@ Master Training (PYMT) with Tanya Boigenzahn
- Tantra Shakti*: a ParaYoga@ Master Training (PYMT) with Tanya Boigenzahn
- The Four Desires*: a ParaYoga® Master Training (PYMT) with Tanya Boigenzahn, Chanti Tacoronte-Perez & Lucy Pirner
- Chair Yoga Training with Jes Rosenberg
- 340hr Yoga Alliance Approved Teacher Training Certificate
+ Weekend Intensives with guests Rod Stryker & Indu Arora!
- You ARE eligible to use our Four Desires Weekend* for ParaYoga® Level 1 certification – approved!
- More details are in our Student Handbook and Catalog. Fill out the form below to request the most up-to-date version.
Transformative and geared towards true positive growth, development and self-mastery, our training aims to help bring out the best qualities in YOU. When one finds balance within through time-tested yoga, tantric and ayurvedic approaches and techniques, your teaching and your character flow effortlessly as we step into our lives with Kriya Shakti, or the power of perfect action, thought and speech – spontaneously doing, thinking and saying the right thing at the right time. We love yoga!
Directed by Tanya Boigenzahn, this training is also affiliated with ParaYoga and may host a variety of other senior and certified teachers and leading teachers in the field.
The program is a longer, richer, & deeper study of topics you may have been introduced to in your initial 200 hour program.
Please watch the video to learn more about Devanadi and our programs, director, students and more!
- Learn an advanced curriculum of asana practice, technique, and sequencing to create a vast variety of classes based on the style of teaching appropriate to you and your students
- 3 ParaYoga® Master Trainings: Vinyasa Krama, Tantra Shakti and the Four Desires
- The complete The Four Desires Process: Dharma, Artha, Kama & Moksha with certified 4D trainers Tanya Boigenzahn, Chanti Tacoronte Perez and Lucy Pirner
- Sankalpa (your year-long intention), Vikalpa (what undermines your sankalpa) and Dharma Code (your life’s mission statement) development
- Yin Yoga Training with Paulie Zink
- Classical (Patanjali) Yoga philosophy and practice including a deeper look at the Yoga Sutra
- Yoga Therapy – working one-on-one with individuals based on their needs – with Indu Arora
- Chair Yoga Training with Jess Rosenberg
- Adaptive Yoga for people with disabilities
- Yantra Wisdom including design, creation and painting with Chanti Tacoronte Perez
- Online professional Anatomy training at the 300hr level with David Keil
- Deeper study of the bandhas, mudras
- Prana Vidya – the science of prana
- Agni Vidya – the science of transformational fire
- The study of Energy Medicine including energetic anatomy, gunas, chakras, nadis, koshas, biofield as well as intermediate healing techniques
- The study of the use of Thai Yoga Bodywork in adjustments for yoga postures, as well as therapeutic healing
- Learning a variety of advanced pranayama and meditation techniques to use in practice and in teaching, as well as Yoga Nidra practices
- Shat Kriyas practice and theory
- Mantra, chanting, invocation and japa practice
- Deeper study of Ayurveda – doshas, vayus, gunas and more
- Developing Sankalpa Shakti – the power of intention!
- Viniyoga – therapeutic approaches to yoga for all ages, shapes and sizes plus mental/emotional conditions
- Classical vs. Tantric (Hatha) Yoga philosophy
- Community service and karma yoga
- Teaching methodology and philosophy
- Shakti and lineage of Sri Vidya, ParaYoga® and other paths
- Developing your ability to teach and guide in a spiritual tradition
- Yoga ethics & business
- Marketing yourself as a yoga teacher
- Traditional texts such as the Hatha Yoga Pradipika and Yoga Sutra are also featured in our training as well as several others
- Plus much, much more!
The program is a Registered School (RYS 340) with Yoga Alliance. Upon completion of the program students will receive a Certificate of Completion and can immediately apply for registration with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher at the 340 hour level.
For all details and answers to many questions: Fill out the form below to receive our Application and Student Handbook/Catalog.
Disclosure Statement: MN STATUTE 141.28: Sub. 1.
Thai Yoga Bodywork dba Devanadi Yoga is licensed as a private career school with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, sections 136A.821 to 136A.832. Licensure is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
As a yoga instructor and bodyworker, I found myself tapped out. By making this committment to myself – I have brought back the passion in my own practice and deepened it at a level where it’s made a difference in my life and my teaching. ~Kris Layman, 340 hour grad
I have loved attending the 340 hour teacher training at Devanadi, it has deepened my knowledge to make all of the puzzle pieces come together and I feel more confident that I can go out and teach what I have learned here. ~Thea Jensen, 500 hour grad
I know we as yoginis are not supposed to get excited about getting into amazing poses… but since having a back injury, I’ve been unable to participate in the 340 hr classes fully these past couple months. However I was able to get into Scorpion fully for the first time, and have no back pain today! All I hear are your super instructions going through my mind when I’m getting into tough stuff like that…. YOU ARE AN AMAZING TEACHER! Thank you thank you thank you. ~Anonymous